Steaua Wed 11th Dec 2013 Kick Off: 7:45pm UK Venue: Stamford Bridge Comp: Champions League
Hughes happy with response
Stoke boss Mark Hughes was delighted after goal hero Oussama Assaidi showed exactly the right response to being dropped.
Defence concerns Mourinho
Jose Mourinho admitted Chelsea's porous defence is "a big concern" after his side lost 3-2 at Stoke on Saturday.
Premier League round-up
David Moyes and Manchester United endured more home misery against Newcastle United, as their crown slipped a little further, while Chelsea and Manchester City squandered the opportunity to move within touching distance of the leaders as they dropped points on the road.
Stoke's Assaidi stuns Chelsea
Oussama Assaidi came off the bench to score a superb winning goal as Stoke stunned Chelsea 3-2 in the Premier League.
Rikki has kindly answered some questions on tonight's crunch tie against Manchester City!
- How long have you supported Manchester City for? I have supported Manchester city since 2006-2007 season. As a child I had always followed the Italian league being from an Italian background and I when I started watching the EPL I loved it and randomly chose to support city, mainly due to everyone supporting Manchester United and I wanted to be different.
- You are currently sitting in second position, do you think you can win the title? I still believe we have the squad and team belief to win the premier league but we need to get back in the form that got us in top spot in the first place. Now that we are out of the Europa league our focus is solely the title and if we can get the results we are capable of then we are definitely a chance. Tonight’s game and the game against united are two must wins in my opinion.
- Who has been your stand out player this season, and who should we look out for? It's hard to pick out just one stand out player this season. Sergio Aguero has had an amazing start to the premier league and has really shown he is worth the money paid for him. David Silva has had another amazing season and his creativity can really dictate the game. And of course there is our captain. Vincent Kompany has really taken the role and made it his own and has had a great season.
- If you could pick one Chelsea player to join City who would it be and why? One Chelsea player I would welcome to our dressing room with open arms would be Juan Mata. He is a very diverse attacking player and would be great support with David Silva to our strikers. He has great vision and is still very young.
- Finally, what do you think the final score will be for our game? I believe tonight will end 2-1 in Manchester City's favour. We are a very difficult team to play at home and I think with the hunger our boys have to get the title, we can come up with the win and keep the pressure on united.
The TalkChelsea website is strictly for informational and entertainment purposes. Our website is no way connected or affiliated with Chelsea Football Club or any other related fan sites. It also claims no rights to the trademarks of CFC, EPL, UCL & Europa.