The journalist and Chelsea fan is in the studio for episode 28 of the Betway Insider Podcast.
Dan Levene, the football journalist who writes for Get West London and several other outets, joins host Tom Bowles and resident tipster Alan Alger to discuss:
– Jose Mourinho’s return to Chelsea.
Why Chelsea fans will feel conflicted when Mourinho walks out at Stamford Bridge as Manchester United manager.
– The reception the Special One is likely to receive.
– Mourinho’s last few months as Chelsea manager and whether he has learned from the mistakes he made.
– Why the price of football means it is inevitable that fans will judge games – like the Monday Night Football clash between Liverpool and Manchester United – as a financial investment.
– Mourinho’s tactics at Anfield.
– The art of defending and whether appreciation for that part of the game has been lost.
– His thoughts on the “engaging” Antonio Conte, particularly how he is managing big egos such as Diego Costa.
– The form of Eden Hazard and whether 3-4-3 and/or 3-5-2 are the most suitable formations for him.
– Conte’s interest in the club’s academy players – and how Blues supporters might finally see one establish themselves in the first team.
– Reporting on the same club he supports and the challenges that come with it.
– The greatest Chelsea game and player he has had the pleasure of watching.
– The one manager he wishes Roman Abramovich had never sacked.
– His best – and worst – memory of Mourinho as Chelsea manager.
Alan, meanwhile, attempts to extend his lead over the guests in Wise Al and, having won more than £100 in episode 27, attempts to win more money for the English Federation of Disability Sport in his bet of the weekend.
Check out www.blog.betway.com for more podcasts.