diego costa
Photo by Mike Hewitt/Getty Images

Diego Costa has warned Chelsea that he will not attend pre-season training this morning unless the club grants him a move back to Atlético Madrid this summer.

After being told he was surplus to requirements via text message by Antonio Conte earlier this summer, the Spain international has been looking to arrange a transfer back to the Spanish capital where he won one La Liga title and one Copa del Rey trophy; this despite the fact that the striker would not be able to play for his new club until January due to a current transfer ban.

Although it had been reported on Friday that the striker would return to training with the rest of his teammates on Monday morning, reports from AS suggest that Costa is willing to bunk pre-season training in order to push through a move to Atléti and has “no intention of travelling to London”.

Costa’s decision comes after Chelsea rejected an initial 30 million euro bid from Atlético Madrid last month. Thus, it appears that the forward has acted to ensure that he is not priced out of a move to his desired destination.

Costa has been on holiday in Brazil for much of the summer, but it remains to be seen whether the striker will return to Chelsea’s Cobham training ground this morning.

1 COMMENT

  1. costa is still a chelsea player immaterial of what may or have not been said….he is in breech of his contract by not returning to cobham on monday….if it was down to me, i’d put him into the reserves and leave him there for the season….i would’nt please him to let the sale go through especially on the cheap

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here