Chelsea have not lost to Tottenham on home soil since Gary Lineker scored to help Spurs win 26 years ago. Chelsea fans hold this record with pride, the rivalry between the two clubs is intense as shown last week as ‘Beat f******* Spurs’ rang from the away stand in Dean Court last week.
Eden Hazard and Cesc Fabregas both came out to the press and publicly stated that they did not want Spurs to win the league, implying that they would do everything they can to beat Spurs and possible even purposely lose to Leicester on the final game of the season. Tottenham’s draw to West Brom on Monday means that underdogs Leicester are only one win away from winning the league, meaning that it is not in the hands of Pochettino’s team whether they can win the league, but rather they must hope that Leicester lose all their remaining games. This unfortunately means that Chelsea cannot ruin their season.
• Chelsea have not lost a league home game against Tottenham Hotspur since February 1990, winning 17 and drawing eight of their 25 meetings at Stamford Bridge since.
• Tottenham have lost 25 Premier League games against Chelsea; only against Manchester United (31) have they suffered more in the competition.
• The Blues lost their last Premier League home game against Manchester City – they haven’t lost two in a row in the competition at Stamford Bridge since November 2011.
• Tottenham Hotspur have attempted 131 more shots on target than they have allowed their opponents this season (236 v 105); the biggest differential by a Premier League side in 2015-16.
• Chelsea have currently suffered 199 defeats in the Premier League (in 920 matches).
• Tottenham have currently lost 199 Premier League away matches (460 played overall).
• Cesc Fabregas now has 95 assists in the Premier League – only Ryan Giggs (162) and Frank Lampard (102) have more in the history of the competition.
• Tottenham have lost just one of their last 10 Premier League London derbies (W5 D4 L1).
• Harry Kane is two goals away from scoring 50 Premier League goals – if he does it in this game then he’ll be the 8th quickest player to 50 goals in the competition (in his 84th app).
• Harry Kane has scored 13 goals in his last 14 Premier League appearances for Spurs.
John Terry and Garry Cahill are expected to be available for selection tomorrow. Kurt Zouma (ACL Knee Injury) and Loic Remy (Groin strain) remain side-lined.
Eric Dier (Concussion) could return while Bentaleb (Knee) is expect to miss out. Ali is going to start the first of his three match ban.
Courtois, Cahill, Terry, Rahman, Matic, Fabregas, Pedro, Willian, Hazard, Costa
Lloris, Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghem, Rose, Dier, Dembele, Lamela Chadli, Eriksen, Kane