Poll Results: Some Chelsea fans give their verdict on potential Zaha and Ake arrivals

By @siphillipssport  
13th December 2019
0
Nathan Ake
GLYN KIRK/AFP/Getty Images

Chelsea have been heavily linked with signing both Bournemouth’s Nathan Ake, and Crystal Palace’s Wilfried Zaha in the January transfer window.

Links that have grown over this week and now see the majority of the main UK media sources reporting it, including the latest one this week via The Guardian.

It feels like both deals could become a reality next month.

Chelsea supporters have been airing their views on the potential pursuits over social media, so we decided to run a couple of polls in order to gauge the general consensus.

First of all, it appears generally the idea of bringing defender Nathan Ake back to the club for a reported buyback fee of £40 million, is being well received.

Out of almost 10k votes, only 30% of voters have point blankly said no they do not want to see Ake coming back.

Whereas 70% are backing the move, 22% of those say only if we sell another centre back, and 48% say sign him regardless.

Whilst it’s a fairly unanimous result for Ake, Wilfried Zaha is a pursuit that isn’t quite so popular amongst the majority of fans.

Although, it is actually closer than you might think.

A slight majority of 62% have point blankly said no to Zaha, whilst the remaining 38% have backed the move, with 16% of those saying only if the sale involves either Olivier Giroud or Michy Batshauyi going the other way to bring down his enormous reported asking price of £80 million.

Even though Chelsea don’t appear to be looking to sell a centre back in the winter, there have been whispers that Marcos Alonso could look to leave the club.

So with Ake being able to play as a left back, centre back, and even as a holding midfielder, this move could be looked at being a interim solution to cover Alonso leaving and give competition at left back, as well as centre back.

Ben Chilwell is Chelsea’s widely reported primary target in that spot, but a January move for him looks highly unlikely.

 

guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Get more stuff like this
IN YOUR INBOX

Subscribe to our mailing list and get the best Chelsea FC content direct to your inbox once a day.

Thank you for subscribing.

Something went wrong.

  • 0
    Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
    ()
    x